Willow Marketing, celebrating over 27 years in business, is an integrated marketing firm focused on B2B clients. We love what we do and the clients we do it for on a daily basis. We believe in doing great work and we are here to help. We also believe our values help to set our culture apart from others.
We’re looking to expand our team with the addition of a Mid-level web developer. The role is responsible for designing, coding and modifying websites, from layout to function and according to a client’s specifications. Strive to create visually appealing sites that feature user-friendly design, clear navigation and that are mobile responsive.
Our next team member should not be new to the business and has a portfolio and relevant work experience to prove it. The ideal candidate is driven, eager, passionate and can bring experience and new insight to our team. If you like to be challenged and not afraid of a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. You will collaborate with the digital team as well as tackle individual projects that may require a quick turnaround. Collaboration with creative, strategy, content, and account services teams will be a normal course of your daily routine as we all work closely together.
You should have an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree (preferably in a technical field, marketing, or related) or relative work experience in the field. Candidates will be given a test to help gauge their practical skill set and to determine appropriate starting compensation. As a Mid-level developer, we anticipate 3-4 years experience with web development and digital experience. It’s a plus if you have agency experience as well!
Job Title: Mid-level Web Developer
- Extensive knowledge/experience with the WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of PHP, MySQL, CSS, CSS3 HTML, HTML 5 and jQuery
- Experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Basic understanding of accessibility standards and website best practices
- Experience in Angular, or React is a plus but not required.
- Experience with tools like GIT, Gulp/Grunt, TFS, Sketch is a plus
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Ability to write well documented code
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Willing and eager to learn
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills, interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Additional Skills Appreciated:
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with APIs and database architecture
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Basic SEO skills
- Assist in the development of websites from initial concepts, information architecture, and designs to finished product
- Code WordPress themes based on Photoshop layouts
- Manage the hosting environments and updating of client websites
- Create and document functional specifications for a project
- Translate site functionality into a training document and help facilitate client trainings
- Support team with technical issues
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
What’s In It for You?
Join a family-oriented team with a open, humble, and helpful work culture:
- Competitive Pay (BOE)
• Full Benefits (Medical and Vision)
• 401k with company match
• Unlimited PTO policy
• Life insurance
• Long term disability
- Flexible and fun work environment
- Professional development including individual budgets, Return on Inspiration trips, and job shadows at peer agencies.
- Ongoing professional development opportunities
Want to focus on making yourself and those around you better?
Are you motivated and excited to work with a great team?
Have a passion for high-quality work and client satisfaction?
Are you eager to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone?
Are you self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented?
If so, please apply!