Department: Digital Services
Reports To: Director of Digital Services
We’re looking to expand our team with the addition of a mid-level web developer. This individual will work with the team to develop websites; maintain and update client websites; and manage digital marketing projects such as SEO, SEM (AdWords), landing pages, HTML emails, and mobile-ready emails.
As a mid-level developer, our next team member might be new to the business but has the potential to learn and pick up ideas and concepts very quickly. The ideal candidate is driven, eager, and looking to gain experience on a great team. If you are looking for new challenges and not afraid of a fast-paced environment, this is the right place for you. You will collaborate with the digital team as well as tackle individual projects that may require a quick turnaround. Collaboration with creative, strategy, content, and account services teams will be a normal course of your daily routine as we all work closely together.
You should have an Associate or Bachelor Degree (preferably in a technical field, marketing, or related.) Candidates will be given a test to help gauge their practical skillset and to determine appropriate starting compensation. As a mid-level developer, we anticipate 3 plus years in the profession with web and digital development experience. Agency experience a plus!
- Assist in the development of websites from initial concepts, information architecture, and designs to finished product
- Code WordPress themes based on Photoshop layouts
- Manage the updating of client websites
- Help to project manage departmental work
- Create and document functional specifications for a project
- Translate site functionality into a training document and help facilitate client training
- Support team with technical issues
- Create and update re-usable code libraries to streamline WordPress development cycle
Must have’s :
- Extensive knowledge/experience with the WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of PHP, MySQL, CSS, HTML, and jQuery
- Experience building custom WordPress themes and plugins
- Experience building HTML emails & email signatures
- Basic understanding of accessibility standards and website best practices
- Ability to work both independently and with other team members
- Ability to write well-documented code
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Willing and eager to learn
- Exhibit exceptional relationship management skills, interpersonal skills, and strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Nice to have’s:
- Comfortable working in a source-controlled environment such as GIT
- Familiarity with Object-Oriented Programming
- Familiarity with APIs and database architecture
- Experience or familiarity with marketing automation platforms
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Basic SEO skills
- Manage the web hosting environments
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive Pay ($50,000 annually based on experience)
- Full Benefits (Medical and Vision)
- 401k with company match
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Flexible and fun work environment (Currently, we’re all working from home)
- Professional development including individual budgets, Return on Inspiration trips, and job shadows at peer agencies
- Mentoring and ongoing professional development support
- A family-oriented team with an open, humble, and helpful work culture
So what do you think?
Want to focus on making yourself and those around you better? Are you motivated and excited to work with a great team? Have a passion for high-quality work and client satisfaction? Are you eager to learn and work outside your technology comfort zone? Have the ability to be self-motivated, independent, and detail-oriented?
Scroll down and apply now or share with a friend – they’ll thank you later.